Why Study nutrition with Sano? Sano was established in 2015 and Sano School Of Culinary Medicine is part of the wider Sano group specialising in food and nutrition including the provision of food, events and education. Founders Doug & Heather Richards are passionate about helping people live healthier through the food they eat; whether that be through nutrition education or the provision of food. Heather describes education to include training Nutrition Health Coaches, Medics and those interested in nutrition for their own health through in-depth courses to lecturing, speaking at conferences, writing blogs, articles, sharing recipes and ideas and even the provision of food. She says,
“When people taste delicious food and then you tell them it’s really good for their health, it doesn’t take much work to help them on their health journey. Eating great food is one of the most enjoyable, sociable and health-supportive things you can do! We’ve lost our way with the rise of processed food and our way of life making us time-poor but the benefits of reverting back to eating real food and actually noticing what we are eating are huge! My mission is to reach as many people as possible and help them get back to eating real food. It’s what I do every day whether I’m teaching, writing, presenting, volunteering or seeing patients. It’s my passion and I love what I do!”
When you choose to study with us and become part of the Sano Community you will be studying the highest quality content and supported by a highly dedicated team. So why study nutrition with Sano? There are main reasons;
It is our high-quality team that makes Sano the success that it is;
- Our Directors are the food and nutrition leads for the College of Medicine dedicated to driving change in healthcare and empowering people to take control of their health.
- Heather is an award-winning Nutritional Therapist with a drive for excellence in academia and clinical practice. As well as her role as Course Director she runs a busy clinical practice and is Lead Nutrition Advisor to the College of Medicine. Her clinical practice ensures that she is kept up to date with nutritional science and its practical application to patients. Heather is also a Chartered Accountant and spent 10 years working for PriceWaterhouse Coopers before raising her family and changing career.
- Doug Richards has over 25 years of experience gained in the corporate world and before co-founding Sano, he worked as CFO at NewDay plc, CEO at CMC Markets, Group COO and Group Finance Director at AWD Holdings and Divisional Board Director at Centrica for 11 years. Doug has established several successful and high profile new businesses including Goldfish Bank. Originally he started his career in investment banking after qualifying with PricewaterhouseCoopers as a Chartered Accountant and Corporate Treasurer. Doug is the Lead for the College of Medicine Food Programme.
- All of our course material and tutor support is provided by the very best Registered Nutritional Therapists. They all hold professional indemnity insurance in their own right.
- Our Education team is second to none with years of experience in customer support. They support our students and graduates. We maintain relationships with our graduates and help support their growing businesses.
Sano is a lot more than an online education company. The Sano group is committed to driving change and enabling people to take control of their own health through food.
- Being part of the Sano group gives us the ability to invest heavily in technology and personnel ensuring continuous improvement and development of the courses and outstanding customer service & student support.
- Sano School of Culinary Medicine has been recognised as a Centre of Excellence by The Complementary Medical Association (The CMA). This means that we are proud to say that we hold full Training School Membership of The Complementary Medical Association. This Membership is highly prestigious, and it demonstrates our commitment to the very highest standards of excellence in training courses – and our dedication to supporting you, as our Student.
- Sano School Of Culinary Medicine holds full business insurance as a training provider allowing our students and graduates to directly access professional indemnity insurance through Balens.
- Our cyber insurance ensures that in the unlikely event of a cyber attack any interruption to the course material and operating of the business will be minimal.
We take pride in the quality of our course content and are meticulous about it being evidence-based, up to date and that in support, full bibliographies are provided.
- All nutritional course content is created and reviewed by a team of Registered Nutritional Therapists with a proven track record in clinical practice and Medical Professionals.
- The Education team invest significant time in reviewing the latest nutrition research ensuring that all course content is kept up to date with the latest scientific evidence.
- All business modules are created by business experts and overseen by business expert Doug Richards.
Our student support
Our courses are online but with a difference! Students have regular contact with the Sano Community and ourselves as a central team to support them through their studies.
- Each student had a personal tutor assigned to them who is a Registered Nutritional Therapist with significant clinical experience. Their assigned tutor is there to support them every step of the way. Written assignments are submitted by students for each nutrition chapter. These are marked by the personal tutor and individual support and feedback given within a short timescale. Our students don’t pass or fail. Personal tutors nurture, support and guide on a one to one basis. It is very common for tutors to ask for additional information to be submitted for an assignment. The tutor will fully explain why and what is needed and support the student so that they can achieve their very best.
- Education Managers give additional support in any matter that is not dealt with by the personal tutor. No question is too small or irrelevant. Our team is there to support the students whenever they need it.
Our graduate support
When you graduate with Sano it is not the end of the journey. We continue to support our graduates with their personal development and businesses. Many graduates also work with Sano in some capacity.
Being online we have a global student and graduate community but it doesn’t matter where you are in the world you are not left alone.
- The community ask questions and support each other through their journey.
- Friendships are made and students connect and often meet up at local events
- Graduates remain involved with the community and support newer students by answering their questions and sharing ideas.
Other posts in this series;