On successful completion of the course, you will graduate with a Diploma in Applied Nutrition and be a qualified Nutrition Health Coach. The qualification and the title of Nutrition Health Coach provide you with recognition of your achievements but that is only part of the picture.
As a student with Sano;
- you will be a student member of the Complementary Medical Association and entitled to use the letters SCMA after your name. After graduation, you will be entitled to become a full member and use the letters MCMA after your name. The Complementary Medical Association is the world’s largest and most highly respected professional membership association. The organisation has been established for over 25 years and they work closely with conventional medicine by sharing research and education to doctors about the natural healthcare field and why they should incorporate complementary medicine (as provided by qualified CMA Members) into their practices. Furthermore, The CMA consistently liaises at a governmental level to ensure your rights to practice. Over the last 25 years, The CMA has taken complementary medicine and natural healthcare from a cottage industry to the professional force that it is today. This ensures that the public has access to a Professional Register of elite practitioners and outstanding training schools and that doctors and other healthcare professionals know that they can safely refer their patients to CMA Registered Practitioners. Membership has huge benefits, including support with your practice development.
- you have access to insurance with Balens both as a student and graduate to protect yourself against professional indemnity.
- you will have developed invaluable knowledge, skills and collateral to kick start your business from the day you graduate. In addition to learning, you will develop skills for the application of knowledge through practical tasks.
- Written and practical assignments are part of every single module. This ensures continual personal development and the practical application of nutritional science. When you coach your clients you need to be able to translate nutritional science into a language that they understand in terms of food and recipes. The practical assignments in each nutrition module enable students to be hands-on in the kitchen and demonstrate their understanding and knowledge of the practical application of nutrition to everyday meals for health.
- We teach students to research and review nutrition scientific research. This is extremely important as it is imperative to be able to navigate through the huge amount of misinformation in the public arena and assess what is reliable evidence. To develop these skills and demonstrate development in this area, as part of assignments students research, review and reference scientific nutrition research.
- Coaching is a skill in itself and practical tasks such as mock client meetings and presentation preparation help you develop your confidence in these areas.
- Throughout your studies, you will have identified your target market, products and services, pricing, marketing strategy, social media, photography and video skills and much much more!
- Business set up can be a chore and a bore but it has to be done! We tackle this throughout the course so that you have your business structure, accounting, record keeping, tax, etc all set up and ready to go!
- The practical nutrition assignments will provide you with a bank of recipes in your library ready to incorporate into client meal plans. In addition, the Cookery School provides you with a bank of recipes and printable recipe cards.
- Meetings with clients require preparation and a structure that you will follow. This is supported by paperwork. By the time you qualify you will have developed the structure of your client meetings and the associated paperwork for you and your clients.
In summary, we prepare you in all aspects to start your business as a professional Nutrition Health Coach.
Other posts in this series;