A tasty alternative to bread soldiers for your soft boiled egg.
The fibre content of the flax, as well as helping the movement of food through the intestines, may assist with the absorption of nutrients due to mucilaginous fibre that helps delay gastric emptying.
- 1 soft boiled egg
- 2 tablespoons flax seed
- 1 whisked egg
- 1 courgette
- flour (buckwheat for gluten-free) for coating courgette dippers
- olive oil
- Cut the courgette into dipper shapes and roll in the flour to coat
- Then roll the dippers into the whisked egg and then the flax seed
- Pan fry the coated dippers in olive oil until browned and crispy, turning throughout cooking
- Meanwhile soft boil the egg
Serves – 1, Prep. Time – 10 mins, Cooking Time – 10 mins.
Get more healthy recipes at Heather Richards Nutrition
Learn the culinary skills and gain the nutrition knowledge to confidently adapt your own favourite recipes to better support your health with the Sano Courses in Applied Nutrition.