Turkey Coconut Curry in a Hurry!
If you are tight on time, this tasty turkey coconut curry is perfect for you. Turkey is a lean protein source. This recipe is paired with mixed greens and the healthy fats in coconut milk. This makes it a low GL meal ideal for supporting blood sugar management in diabetics.
By choosing green vegetables as a side for this dish, you avoid a surge in blood sugar that can happen when using white rice.
- 2 diced turkey breasts
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 thumb ginger
- Chilli (to taste)
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 cup of mangetout / petit pois
- handful of spinach
- 1 courgette
- Place a pan or wok on medium heat with 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Crush the garlic and slice the ginger. Add them to the pan or wok and fry until brown
- Add the diced turkey and sauté for 1-2 minutes until golden brown
- Add 1 tbsp of curry powder and the can of coconut milk to the wok
- Bring the curry to the boil and then simmer for 5 minutes
- Add green vegetables and simmer for another 5 minutes
- Serve with fresh chilli and a sprinkle of spinach leaves on top