Tuna Steak with Tomato, Cucumber and Avocado Salad
I know some people are put off by Tuna, but that’s usually because they have only ever tasted it from a can. Canned is ok to eat, but when it comes to what will we get out of it, fresh wins every time! There is over 1000mg more of Omega 3 fatty acid in fresh tuna! And it’s the Omega 3 that we so desperately need more of in our day to day diets and is known to be a seriously strong anti-inflammatory which is essential when it comes to your heart health.
- Tuna Steak x 2
- 1 avocado- cut into small pieces
- ½ cucumber – cut into small pieces
- 1 large tomato – cut into small pieces
- Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons of coriander- chopped
- 3 Tablespoons of lime juice
- Salt & Pepper to season
- In a bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons of coriander and 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- Add salt and pepper to season and add the Tuna steaks- leave to marinade for around 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix together in a bowl the avocado, cucumber and tomato, drizzle of olive oil, the remaining coriander and lime juice.
- Set aside allowing the ingredients to set.
- Then, place the Tuna steaks into a pre-heated pan over a high heat and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes each side (depending on how well you like your tuna steak to be cooked).
- Once cooked, remove from the heat and allow to rest for a couple of minutes whilst you plate your salad up .
- Serve tuna with salad on the side.
- Eat & Enjoy!