Tagliata Style Warm Salad
This is a quick nutritious dinner packed with B vitamins. Red meat is a source of vitamin B12, known for manufacturing red blood cells. B12 also supports myelin function which is vital for neuron signalling and communication. B12 is also necessary for methylation, which marks genes for expression. This helps to create and metabolise neurotransmitters and hormone production, important for mental health support.
- small steak (200g)
- 1 small butternut squash, seeded and cubed
- 200g chopped cavolo nero (winter cabbage) or savoy cabbage
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 clove grated garlic
- 1 tbsp toasted pumpkin seeds
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Toss the butternut squash cubes into a roasting pan with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast on 180ºc for approx 30 minutes until cooked.
- Once the squash is cooked, heat a griddle pan.
- Rub the steak with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Sear the steak in the hot pan for about 2 minutes on each side and then leave to rest.
- Stir fry the cabbage in a hot wok with a tiny bit of water, keep stirring until it wilts, then drain any excess water and stir through a little olive oil, the grated garlic and lemon zest.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the steak into very thin strips and arrange on the cabbage and squash.
- Scatter the dish with toasted pumpkin seeds.