Sweet Potato Rosti with Hummus & Greens
These sweet potato rosti are great on their own or served with hummus, pesto or a poached egg on top. Add some sauteed greens on the side for a delicious nutrient dense meal. The sweet potatoes are packed with beta-carotene a fat-soluble antioxidant that accumulates in the fatty layer of the skin protecting against ageing and wrinkles.
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 whisked eggs
- 2 tablespoons buckwheat (GF) or other flour
- Sea salt
- Olive oil for cooking
- Scrub and grate the sweet potatoes
- Peel and chop the onions and garlic
- Put potato, onion, garlic and whisked egg in a bowl and mix well
- Begin to add flour, mixing well.
- Add enough flour so that the mixture becomes stiff enough to make rounds.
- Make rounds and then fry in olive oil until golden – approx 4-5 minutes on each side
- Serve with poached egg, hummus, pesto or any way you like it!