Spirulina Goji Mighty Bites with Pumpkin Seeds
These spirulina goji mighty bites pack a great immune boosting punch. The Goji berries are an excellent source of vitamin C which improves the immune system in several ways and pumpkin seeds contain high amounts of zinc which has consistently performed well in clinical trials for treating the common cold, and has been shown to reduce the duration and severity of colds and upper respiratory tract infections, as well as lower the odds of coming down with a cold in the first place.
- 1 cup dates
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup almond butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons spirulina powder
- ½ cup goji berries + ¼ cup set aside
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp ginger powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Pulse dates in a food processor a few times to break down into medium chunks.
- Add all other ingredients to food processor except for the ¼ cup of goji berries you set aside, and pulse/ run until well combined, scraping down sides as necessary.
- Using a spoon and your hands, roll batter into small bite-sized balls and arrange on a flat plate.
- Roll or press each ball in the extra goji berries and refrigerate until firm.