Slow Oats with Almond Butter & Cinnamon
This easy to make breakfast helps balance blood sugar levels. Complex carbohydrate and fibre (oats, chia seeds and flaxseeds) plus protein (almond milk & almond butter) help slow down digestion of the meal and therefore the release of sugar into the bloodstream. We are left feeling fuller for longer and helping us avoid crashes in energy levels that lead us to eat more sugary foods.
- ¼ cup oats
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 2tsp flaxseeds
- 2 tbsp goji berries
- 1 tbsp almond butter (to taste)
- ½ – 1tsp cinnamon (to taste)
- Mix all the ingredients together in a sealed container and leave overnight.
- Enjoy cold or warm through in the morning.
- It can be stored in a pot or mason jar so it can be taken to work.