Shiitake & Spinach Frittata
This shiitake frittata is a super way to start your morning. Shiitake mushrooms are a source of beta glucans, which are amazing for supporting our immunity! The leeks and garlic are full of prebiotics and probiotics essential for a healthy gut. Plus, it only takes 15 minutes in total and also tastes nice cold!
- 2/3 eggs
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms
- ½ leek or onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup of spinach leaves
- 1 tomato cut into wedges
- sprinkle of feta cheese (Use dairy-free if required)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Place a small skillet or pan on medium heat with 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Crush the garlic and slice the leeks. Add them to the skillet and fry until brown.
- Slice the shiitake mushrooms and add to the skillet.
- Add the spinach and sauté.
- Add the tomato to the spinach and mushrooms.
- Whisk 2-3 eggs and pour into the skillet. Leave on a low to medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle some cheese on top and place the skillet under the grill for 1-2 minutes.