Red Pepper & Lentil Soup
This soup is packed full of nutrients to support your immune system. The lentils are an excellent source of prebiotics for your gut and the peppers are full of vitamins. We love this comforting soup for lunch on a chilly day.
- 2 red peppers
- 1 large punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 1 tin of lentils, drained
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- thumb of ginger, chopped
- thumb of turmeric, chopped
- chilli (to taste)
- 500ml vegetable stock (vegan, gluten-free)
- pumpkin/sunflower seeds, toasted
- fresh thyme to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Chop the red peppers and onion.
- Place peppers, onion, cherry tomatoes and garlic cloves onto a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Place lentils, vegetable stock, ginger, chilli & turmeric into a pot on low heat.
- Add the roasted peppers, onion and tomatoes to the pot.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic into the soup.
- Bring the soup to the boil.
- Using a handheld blender, blend the soup to your desired consistency. Add a tin of tomatoes if you like it richer!
- Serve the soup with a sprinkle of seeds and some fresh thyme.