Rainbow Coleslaw with Prawns & Tahini Dressing
This fresh and tasty rainbow coleslaw with prawns and tahini dressing has been formulated to include lots of fibre from all the veg, has a low glycaemic load and contains healthy protein (prawns) with good fats to ensure that it is digested slowly and prevents a spike in glucose in the system, therefore, preventing insulin resistance and diabetes.
- Half a small red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 cups chopped black kale, stems removed
- quarter red pepper, finely sliced
- quarter yellow pepper, finely sliced
- 2 carrots peeled into strips
- 1 medium courgette, spiralised
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- handful fresh mint, chopped
- handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 300g cooked and peeled prawns
- 125ml toasted seeds (pumpkin, sesame, flaxseeds, sunflower and chia)
- 2 ripe avocados
- fresh coriander leaves
- 60ml tahini
- 60ml lemon juice
- 30ml extra virgin olive oil
- 90ml water
- lemon zest from one lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- sea salt and pepper
- Chop and prepare all the salad ingredients.
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Combine salad ingredients, dressing, and prawns in a large bowl and garnish with avocado and toasted seeds.