Pumpkin & Parsley Pesto
Pumpkin seeds are a great source of zinc, an important nutrient that supports immune function in a number of ways. It is used by most white blood cells in our immune system to code their genes. These genes control all the cell’s internal processes including how they respond to pathogens. Zinc also displays antimicrobial qualities and can be found in the mucous secretions of the upper respiratory tract.
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 60g pumpkin seeds
- 30g fresh sage
- 60g fresh parsley
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, or as required
- juice of 1 lemon
- Himalayan pink salt and black pepper to taste
- Prepare the pesto by adding all the ingredients to a blender adding the olive oil in increments.
- You may need to use a spatula to push down the herbs and help it all come together.
- Once you’ve achieved the desired consistency, season to taste.
- Serve with wholegrain pasta, as a topping for soups or with roasted vegetables.