Salmon Fillet Served on Greens & Cauliflower Puree
This delicious pan-fried salmon with vegetables is a low carb, good quality protein and healthy fat meal which aids in the slow release of sugars and slow digestion of the meal. Adding vegetables and herbs for increased fibre and nutrients this meal is great for if you have insulin resistance or diabetes.
- half large head of cauliflower
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut milk
- roughly 15 asparagus spears
- 1 large courgette cut into strips
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cultured grass-fed butter
- 2 teaspoons capers, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 2 Scottish salmon fillets
- pomegranate rubies
- fresh dill fronds
- sea salt and pepper
- Separate cauliflower florets and steam till soft. Once cooked drain the cauliflower and place in a blender with salt and pepper adding coconut milk to loosen the puree.
- Place asparagus and courgette onto a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Place the butter, capers, garlic, lemon zest and dill in a pan over a low heat. Once butter has melted stir to combine and set aside.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on a medium to high heat. Place salmon skin down and fry for roughly 3 minutes’ till cooked underneath. Turn fish over and cook for a further 30 seconds. This will result in the fish being cooked medium, cook longer for well done.
- Place roughly 175ml cauliflower puree on your dish. Neatly arrange the asparagus and courgette on top of the puree. Place the fish on top and drizzle with the warmed butter sauce. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with pomegranate rubies and dill fronds.