Overnight Oats – Cheeky Nutty Monkey
The fibre (oats) and protein (nut butter & yoghurt) in this overnight oats recipe causes a slower release of sugar into the bloodstream, lowering the potential for a blood sugar spike, giving sustained energy. It’s essential to manage this to help you minimize insulin resistance and the risk of many diseases, including diabetes.
- 120g oats
- 2 tbsp probiotic yogurt
- half to 1 banana, sliced
- 1 tbsp nut butter, or more if you fancy
- cacao nibs, a sprinkle
- cinnamon, a sprinkle
The night before
- In a clean ½ litre or medium Kilner jar, add in 1/part oats, 3/parts nut milk.
- Give it a good stir and incorporate everything together.
- Allow to soak for at least 6 hours or overnight.
This will keep in an airtight container, in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Stack the monkey
- In serving jar or glass.
- Layer the soaked oats, followed by the yogurt.
- Stir in the nut butter.
- Top with the sliced banana, and sprinkles of cacao nibs and cinnamon.