- Squid 130g-Prepped
- 150g chickpeas with 100ml water
- Cumin to taste
- 1tbl Miso paste
- Buckwheat flour (enough to flour squid)
- 1 clove Garlic
- Fennel strips of shaved fennel to taste
- Lime/Lemon to taste
- Cherry Vinegar- to deglaze pan
- Olive oil
- Low sodium salt
- Black pepper
- In a medium-sized pan saute garlic in olive oil. Add miso paste, cumin, seasoning then add water and chickpeas. Bring chickpeas up to the boil and blitz into a smooth paste.
- Meanwhile, prep fennel, peeling it into strips and then place into ice cold water. Keep the fennel stalks to garnish.
- Heat up a large pan to a very high smoking temp. Flour squid in seasoned buckwheat flour heavily. Add olive oil and fry squid rapidly, browning on both sides then deglaze with sherry vinegar. Drain on kitchen paper ready to plate.
- Drain fennel strips and dress in lime/lemon zest/ juice and season.
- Serve up the chickpeas. Season with paprika if desired.
- Place the squid on top and garnish with the fennel and shoots then serve.