Greek Quinoa Salad
This Greek quinoa salad is gluten-free and made up of carbohydrates and protein. The low carb veggies add fibre and potassium. Phytoecdysteroids present in quinoa have anti-diabetic properties which help to reduce blood glucose levels in cases of hyperglycemia.
Antioxidants in olive oil help diminish the damage that is due to the oxidative stress caused by high levels of sugar in the blood.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 3 cups baby spinach, chopped
- ½ cup feta, crumbled
- 1 cup pitted olives, halved
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp oregano
- Salt and Pepper
- Place quinoa and 2 cups of cold water in a saucepan
- Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 – 12mins or until water has been absorbed. Drain, rinse with water.
- Put cooled quinoa in mixing bowl
- Add cherry tomatoes, cucumber, spinach, feta, olives, chickpeas
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt, pepper
- Pour dressing over salad and serve