Chia Seed Bowl
70% of our immune system resides in the gut with scientists believing that the microbiota, which inhabits the digestive system, is crucial to boosting the defence of the immune system. There are two types of bacteria which are good for the body; Lactobacillus and Bifidobacteria, also known as probiotics, both of which are found in kefir.
- 125ml almond milk
- 125ml kefir
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp almonds
- a handful of blackberries
- a handful of goji berries
- Place the milk, kefir, blueberries, ginger, cinnamon and honey into a blender and blend until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a bowl and add the chia seeds and stir through.
- Let the mixture settle for 5 minutes and stir through again.
- Place in the fridge and leave overnight.
- Serve straight from the fridge after adding the toppings.