Eggy Piperade served on Sourdough
This filling eggy piperade is full of immune boosting ingredients. The onions, garlic and peppers contain compounds that help build the immune system, while the eggs are a good source of zinc and healthy fats. Serve it on warm toasted sourdough for a nourishing breakfast or brunch.
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion – finely sliced
- ½ red pepper – finely sliced
- ½ green pepper – finely sliced
- small clove garlic (optional) finely sliced
- small bunch fresh oregano – wash and chop half.
- 4 fresh, organic eggs lightly beaten
- Toasted sourdough bread (optional)
- Heat the oil in a medium frying pan. Add onion and fry gently for 5 mins until soft and taking on colour.
- Add peppers and garlic and cook until soft.
- Add the chopped oregano and eggs and cook until very lightly scrambled.
- Remove from heat and serve with toast (if eating) and garnish with oregano and a little olive oil.