Chocolate Granola with Almonds & Hazelnuts
Chocolate granola might seem decadent for breakfast but make your own and it can be enjoyed! Cacao does have health benefits. Due to its flavonoid and magnesium content, it is supportive of cardiovascular health. The key is to use good quality chocolate with a high percentage of cacao solids and raw cacao powder so that the sugar content is minimised and nutrient content is maintained from minimal processing.
- 500g oats – Gluten free if required
- 100g chopped almonds
- 100g chopped hazelnuts
- 2 tsp’s vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 100g 85% chocolate
- Melt coconut oil and chocolate over heat
- Add to all the other ingredients in a bowl and mix well
- Place mixture onto baking tin lined with greaseproof paper
- Cook in an oven at 160C for 20-25 minutes
- Remove from oven and leave to cool for 30 minutes before placing in airtight container.