Chocolate & Mixed Berry Granola Pots
These delicious little chocolate granola pots make a perfect start to the day. All the preparation can be done the day before, making it a very quick and easy breakfast to put together. As long as you use good quality dark chocolate anything above 70% cocoa solids then you can benefit from eating a small amount and a little can go a long way! A great breakfast to improve your heart health.
- 1tbsp coconut oil
- 100g oats
- 25g pumpkin
- 25g sunflower seeds
- 50g hazelnuts nuts, roughly chopped
- 25g flaxseeds
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 30g good quality 70% or 85% dark chocolate
- natural live probiotic yogurt to serve
- mixed berries such as blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, and raspberries
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the oats. Cook for 5 minutes over a medium/high heat until beginning to brown, stirring occasionally. Keep an eye on them to avoid burning!
- Add the pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and hazelnuts and cook for a further 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally or until lightly toasted.
- Add the flaxseeds for a further minute. They may begin to pop in the heat, so reduce the temperature slightly.
- Remove from the pan and transfer to a bowl to cool. Sprinkle over the cinnamon and stir to coat.
- Coarsely grate the chocolate and stir into the cooled oat mixture. Transfer the oat mixture into a jar to store. This will keep for up to 2 weeks.
- To serve, pile some berries in the bottom of a glass, top with a couple of spoons of yogurt and sprinkle over a spoonful of the oat mixture. Repeat until you reach the top of the glass!