1 slice of rye sourdough, toasted
full-fat soft cream cheese
1 tbsp crushed walnuts and almonds
sweet cherry jam
Sweet Cherry Jam
- 1 cup of frozen, mixed black forest fruits including pitted cherries
- 1 cup dried, sweet cherries
- 5 tbsp boiled water
- 2 tbsp manuka honey
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp cornflower
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
To prepare the sweet cherry jam:
- Combine the frozen mixed forest fruits, water, dried sour cherries, manuka honey and chia seeds in a small saucepan.
- Bring them to a boil on medium-high heat, occasionally stirring until the mixture thickens. This will take approximately 1 minute.
- Transfer to a jar and store in the fridge for future use.
To assemble the dish:
- Place the toasted, rye sourdough on a plate, spread with the cream cheese and sweet cherry jam and then sprinkle over the walnuts.