Brunch Bowl with Kale Chips
High in protein and low-GI, this dish supports an even mood and energy levels. Containing the powerhouse for the nervous system, omega-3 fatty acids, along with folate and B12, we are looking after the structure and function of the cells of our nervous system.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- ½ bunch kale washed
- ½ avocado
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 100g smoked salmon (2 slices per serve)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cook quinoa according to packet instructions.
- Trim kale leaves from the stalk, tearing into smaller pieces.
- In a bowl, combine kale leaves, ½ tbsp of each of the spices, 1 tbsp olive oil, salt, pepper, 1 tbsp sesame seeds. Place evenly spread on a baking tray.
- Once quinoa begins to boil on the stovetop, put kale in oven cook for 5 mins or until crispy.
- Add eggs to room temperature water. Bring to a boil. Cook for 3-5 mins or until liking.
- Drain the quinoa and mix through 1 tbsp olive oil and remaining spices and seeds.
- In a bowl, assemble ½ cup quinoa per person with a drizzle of olive oil, a couple of slices of smoked salmon, two eggs, ¼ avocado and a large handful of kale chips.
- Season with salt and pepper, and serve.