Broccoli Almond Soup topped with Sprouts
This broccoli almond soup is a rich source of vitamins and minerals that are important to maintain healthy bones, including calcium and vitamin K. Broccoli contains high levels of magnesium and zinc. Magnesium is used for hundreds of enzymatic reactions in the body including playing a role in the way calcium is metabolised.
- 400g broccoli florets
- 1 small onion chopped
- 150g blanched almond slivers, toasted
- 50g butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 ltr chicken stock
- 150g sprouting beans
- Salt and pepper
- Gently toast the almonds on a tray under a grill for a couple of minutes then leave to cool.
- Gently cook the onion in a pan with the butter and oil without browning it.
- Add the chicken stock, salt and pepper then when the stock is boiling tip in the broccoli and almonds. Let that simmer for only 5 mins making sure the broccoli is not overcooked and retains its rich green colour.
- Then puree the soup immediately.
- To serve, add a handful of sprouting beans, for a bit of added crunch, on the top!