Angelic Delight Pudding
There is a good quantity of cashew nuts in this recipe, which have been chosen as they are a good source of zinc and is a critical nutrient in terms of mental health. Zinc is highly concentrated in our brains, especially around the region of the hippocampus. Zinc maintains the blood-brain barrier, modulates aspects of the stress response and seems to play a critical role in neurological communication.
- 2 handfuls of soaked cashew nuts
- 1 tablespoon of maca powder
- 2 tablespoons of raw cacao powder
- 1 Medjool date
- pinch of cinnamon & Himalayan salt
- splash of coconut mylk
- Soak the cashew nuts in filtered water for a minimum of 2 hours (overnight is preferable).
- Simply blitz all ingredients together in a blender or food processor to a smooth creamy consistency.
- Eat just as is or top with fruit, a dust of cocoa powder, chia seeds or fresh mint.