Anchovy and Spinach Pasta
Packed full of omega 3 rich anchovies and low glyceamic load lentil pasta, this dish will balance your blood sugars, release energy slowly and provide anti-inflammatory protection and benefits. Oily fish is a great source of omega 3 fatty acids which are essential for our health. The greater the consumption of omega 3 the lower the inflammation in the body. Chronic exposure to inflammation has been found to lead to changes in neurotransmitters that lead to depressive symptoms and increasing omega 3 has been linked to reduced levels on anxiety.
- Tin of anchovy filets in olive oil (chopped small)
- 1 tbsp capers
- 3 tbsp black olives (chopped small)
- 3 tbsp green olives (chopped small)
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- A handful of fresh basil (chopped)
- 1 red onion (diced)
- 4-5 big handfuls of baby spinach
- Red lentil pasta
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- Open anchovies and drain oil into a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Add diced onion and fry gently for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped anchovies and fry for 1 minute until they begin to melt into the onions.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, olives and capers. Turn up the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and basil and wilt down.
- Drain pasta and add the sauce to it.
- Season to taste and serve with a little parmesan and a green salad.