Let’s be honest, as well as being a great excuse to dress up, Halloween is for eating delicious sweet treats – and we would never suggest you do anything other on October 31st than fill up on fun foods. We do think, however, that tweaking your favourite treats to add in extra nutrition and help prevent the tricky sugar crashes that characterise the holiday is never a bad thing. Our healthier Halloween take on chocolate is much higher in protein and lower in sugar than traditional sweets so will keep your blood sugar levels stable and leave you satiated rather than susceptible to cravings after eating them.
Healthier Halloween Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Freezing time: 20 minutes
- 130g cacao butter
- 100g cacao powder
- 4g vanilla powder
- 130g honey
- 4-5 tablespoons peanut butter
- Melt the cacao butter using a bain-marie
- Mix cacao powder, vanilla powder, honey, and peanut butter into the melted cacao butter. Stir well.
- Pour the mixture into Halloween themed moulds. We chose pumpkin shapes but we think ghosts work just as well 😉
- Set in the freezer for 20-30 minutes
- Remove from moulds and store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.