What careers as a Nutrition Coach are available? There are so many different ways that you can work as a Nutrition Coach.
A Nutrition Coach guides in healthy eating for specific health areas. They also create recipes and meal plans.
There are many different options for careers as a Nutrition Coach;
- Work with clients on a one-to-one basis. You may choose to work individually or be affiliated with a doctor’s surgery or integrative health clinic.
- Coach through group programs either online or face to face. Group programmes are very effective and affordable for people who couldn’t otherwise afford to seek professional help. Group programmes allow you to keep the cost low. An added benefit is the sense of community as all clients attend the programme together and can support each other. These types of programmes can cover a wide variety of topics such as weight loss, heart health, mental health, improving digestion, improved energy, stress reduction, etc. The programmes can be at a physical location but are equally effective online with today’s technology. This also allows for a larger number of people to participate and keeps costs low. Group programmes could also be organised in partnership with doctor surgeries, health clinics and integrative health clinics.
- Provide cooking demonstrations. This brings together nutritional science and its application to food and recipes. They are very popular as evening events (attending workshop evenings is the new pub evening!) but also as daytime events for parents with children and as corporate team building events. They can be organised as stand-alone topics or as a series.
- Be a nutrition writer for magazines, health companies or write a book! As well as traditional print magazines there are increasing numbers of online health websites requiring high-quality evidence-based nutrition information, articles and recipes from suitably qualified professionals.
- Blog about healthy eating and nutrition and become a champion for providing relevant nutrition and healthy eating information based on nutritional science, not on hearsay!
- Work with employee wellness. Companies are becoming increasingly aware of their responsibilities in respect of employee wellness and a Nutrition Coach can support in many different ways eg workshops, cooking demonstrations, online programmes, etc.
- Work with hospitality within corporates. Many companies have corporate restaurants and corporate catering for meetings. Companies aim to attract the best talent and the quality of these services is important to them hence they search for differentiation. As a Nutrition Coach, you could work with the corporate hospitality team ensuring that meals are healthy.
- Open your own healthy cafe. This can be combined with wellness space to offer workshops, classes, wellness retreats, yoga, pilates, etc.
- If you are already a chef or caterer incorporate your nutrition knowledge into your existing services to differentiate yourself.
- If you are a yoga or pilates teacher extend your services to include health packages, workshops and one to one coaching for your customers.
- Organise wellness retreats either building on your existing skills and expertise or by collaborating with other individuals or wellness brands.
- Become a food developer and consultant assisting restaurants and cafes differentiate their menus and ensure they are truly healthy.
The potential careers as a nutrition coach really are endless! There are so many ways you can work as a Nutrition Coach and you just need to be creative. You also don’t need to choose one avenue. It is possible to choose several different areas to work in and we help you define your preferred specialisms throughout the Nutrition Coach course. By the time you qualify you will have defined your products and services, identified your audience, built your website and social following and started your business.