These banana & almond pancakes topped with fruit puree and berries from Heather Richards are just the stack you need this Pancake Day to take your traditional low glycemic pancakes to nutritious and blood sugar balancing. Also wonderful as a bedtime snack as the banana and almonds are full of tryptophan, which helps promote sleep.
Banana & Almond Pancakes – Recipe
Serves – 3 | Prep. Time – 5 minutes | Cooking Time – 5 minutes
WF GF DF
- 250g mashed banana
- 100g ground almonds
- 2 eggs
- 1 heaped tablespoon ground flax
- A generous shake of cinnamon –1 teaspoon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Mash the banana
- Add all the other ingredients and mix well
- Place a generous tablespoon of the mixture on a hotplate at approx 150 degrees centigrade or cook in a frying pan with a little butter or coconut oil
- Flip halfway through cooking. They should be slightly browned on the outside but still nice and moist on the inside
- Be careful not to overcook as they dry out.
- Serve with berries, fruit compote and yoghurt (coconut yoghurt if required to be dairy-free)
Love pancakes? Give Heather’s Buckwheat Pancakes a try.